Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The Procrastinating Beauty Blogger Tag!

Happy Wednesday!

I love writing, I really do but sometimes it just doesn't feel right. I've been working on the Dorm Tour post but it's turning out all weird and I don't really like it. Maybe I'll fix it for a later date, maybe not. But hey you win some you lose some right?


Anyway, I've had enough of wallowing so while I'm procrastinating on a reading for class tomorrow about Medieval Misogyny, I thought I'd do the Procrastination BB Tag! I found it on Beautyholics Anonymous, so heeeere we go!


1. Name a beauty regime that you rarely do?

Let seee, tweeze/shape my eyebrows! I know it sounds gross but I barely have any!! The hair is ridiculously fine so most people don't even notice the shape...so I've been told! They also have very odd shapes. My right eyebrow curves and the left has an arch...#awk

2. Is washing your make-up brushes something that you do regularly?

Haha no! It's actually pretty bad because I use the E.L.F Studio flat top for foundation, and I have two of them since they're so cheap (but great quality!) and my idea was that I'll use one until its dirty then use the other one while I give myself time to wash and dry the first....that has never happened. I use one until its dirty..then use the other one until its dirty...then I take the cleanest looking one and use wipes to get some of the makeup off...and yeah you know where this is going! Basically I do this until I'm breaking out like a crazy person and then I  realize that I should probably wash them. It's a really bad habit I need to get on top of this! 

I have been cringing the entire time while writing that!

3. How long will you last with chipped nail polish?
During the summer: a chip and it's off or fixed.
During the school year: I've gone weeks! It's the last thing on my mind so I generally ignore it. Lately though it's been bothering me, I don't like looking at it while I'm typing or writing. So for right now, maybe a week then I change it.

4. How long will you put off buying/replacing a beauty product, even if you need it?

If I need it, I'm usually pretty anxious to get my hands on it. The only time it will take me more than a week is if I'm insanely busy, broke, and/or not available on Amazon Prime.

5. What is your worst beauty habit?

Not cleaning my brushes! I also refuse to get my foundation matched at the counter because I once had  a lady apply my makeup at Macy's  for a fashion show of theirs and she made me look like luminous extra-dark chocolate. I'm black, but that was at least 3-4 shades darker than my skin tone. And she used Dermablend so my skin was unnaturally flawless and even. Then she applied bubble gum lipstick and hot pink blush. I looked frightening.* But I digress, I should suck it up and go get matched.

*this might also have something to do with me not being a huge fan of lip gloss or blush.


6. Name something non-beauty related that you put off doing all the time?

Homework! Not even really homework just reading. As a English Lit Major it comes with the territory but my goodness all writing before the 1900s is a pain to read! I mean a sentence about the color of someone's dress could go on for 17 pages! It's crazy.

7. When going out somewhere, do you leave getting ready to the last minute?

Always. I feel odd getting ready and then just sitting around, I like being right on time. I'll usually leave early if I'm ever ready beforehand.

8. Can you commit to spending bans?

Finally something I'm good at! I can be pretty cheap when I want to be. Sometimes I'll pick things in the store (or put them in my cart online) then just leave it and walk out. If I'm out with friends I'll leave my wallet in the car(under a seat or something). It works!

9. How organised is your make-up and nail polish collections?

Pretty organized! I don't exact have a nail polish collection but my makeup is super neat it's plastic drawers. I've also stopped storing my brushes in holders because they get dusty and gross(apparently I care a lot about dust..), so into a drawer they also go!

This week has been crazy and its not even over yet! I have two exams next week so I'll try and type up my next two posts before then! :)


Thanks for reading see ya next time!


MM


Dont forget to Follow me on: TWITTER ~ INSTAGRAM ~ PINTEREST ~ BLOGLOVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment